I have been trying to rewire my life for the longest time and each time I fail miserably. Despite the series of failures, I will not give up.
I’m pretty determined this time and will try my best to manifest self discipline over everything. I till date, do not have a set morning routine and my day progresses depending upon the time I wake up.
I will not harp anything extraordinary here. I will simply try to correct some basic stuff which have been consistently incorrect for me.
Here is the first draft of my morning routine which will shape the rest of my day. I will modify anything that doesn’t work for me but most probably, I will go with this game plan.
1. Waking up on time, say between 6 -7 am.
2. Beginning an exercise program and following it daily. It will be for an hour burning approximately 300 kcal.
3. Meditating for around 5 minutes, as starters.
4. Journaling to understand myself better.
5. Starting work and wrapping it up on time. By on time I mean logging in after having bathed and completing breakfast. (Yes, somedays I run extremely late which I’m planning to change)
6. Drinking more water and staying hydrated. For me, 8 glasses a day will suffice.
7. Walking more during the day so that I complete 8000 steps each day.
8. Complaining less, appreciating more. Judging less, accepting more. Allowing others the space that they need.
9. Sleeping on time so that everything falls in place.
I will try my best to follow this throughout August starting today and will give an update this weekend of my successes and misses. I’m really fed up with the way I conduct my own life. I realised if not now, then things will only worsen. Please wish me luck!!